Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Clematis Love

Although there are people here in Oregon who are lamenting the lack of rain, I'm kind of glad the torrents are holding off a little while longer. It gives me a chance to enjoy the reblooming Clematis. No waterlogged petals here! 

Clematis 'Ville de Lyon'

C. 'Venosa Violacea'

C. 'Polish Spirit'

C. 'Pagoda'

C. 'Julia Correvon'

The Chinese Foxglove, (Rehmannia elata) continue to pump out blooms!
Rehmannia elata

Aren't you all loving our Asters, right now? Are you calling them by their new and "improved" name, Symphytotrichum yet? It's taken me several days just to figure out how to pronounce it. 

"Sim-fy-oh-TRY-kum"

Okay, I guess that's not too terrible.

My garden definitely didn't need another Aster but I couldn't resist this double, deep purple one I saw at a nursery last week while looking at bulbs. 

Newbie Aster--Symphyotrichum novi-belgii 'Marie III"
Hopefully there's still enough yellow fluff for the honeybees.

Argyranthemum 'Comet Red' (Sorry it's blurry.)

Callirhoe involucrata is still pumping out a few blooms.

Next spring I will be sorry for letting my 'Painter's Palette' Persicaria bloom.
But it's so perty!
Last week, my daughter and I found another trough for sale at the Corvallis Habitat for Humanity ReStore. 

SCORE!
I think it's ideal for holding more veggies next year.

The hot summer was kind of brutal to this Acanthus so I couldn't resist take a photo of the new, luscious foliage. 

Acanthus mollis

We're still getting lots of strawberries.

Strawberries, 'Tri-Star'
And finally....
Miscanthus at dusk...
Take care my sweet garden peeps!

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for the pronunciation guide, but it will be hard to let go of calling them asters. By any name, they sure do perk things up this time of year. I'll hold off the rain dance a little longer, just for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum! Autumn Strawberries! I'm jealous! My Asters (Symp....) were eaten by the rabbits, so unfortunately, no I'm not enjoying them. I had to put chicken wire around that whole area, so hopefully they'll have a chance to grow next spring, summer, and fall. And I can't believe your Clematises are re-blooming! How fabulous! Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh i wish my Clematis looked like yours . They always struggle in my dry soil , Next spring I will dump a whole load of manure on them …dogs will love that !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your clematis plants love you, Grace! Ville de Lyon is gorgeous! And your new aster is a star! My asters, first time ever, were eaten by bunnies. This summer, they bred like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man! That IDEAL tank is simply IDEAL....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peep here! You are so creative to make that growing line up of the strawberry from flower to perfect fruit! Brava...I love it when people see the world like that. Plus, that IDEAL trough--what a find indeed. You already know how I feel about your Clematis, pure envy. I LOVE yours. Good thing I can enjoy them on your blog. Sus

    ReplyDelete
  7. If they're going to reclassify plants, why can't they settle on simple names (i.e. those limited to 2 syllables)? I love Clematis but can grow only one variety, the Sweet Autumn Clematis, C. terniflora - your selections are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. J'aime beaucoup la clématite Pagode, un petit bijoux avec ses fleurs en corolle ;-)
    Belle semaine grace

    ReplyDelete
  9. That first clematis makes me swoon, it's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gracie girl I need to get more asters for next year ... I really have next to none and I love that new double flowered one you have ... with matching new name and all ? LOL .. also even though I think that clematis Ville de Lyon has been around for a while ... wowzwer ! it looks fantastic from your shot with the pale middle ... luscious !!
    Hey you make great scores on nifty containers and plants ... BIG sigh !
    I am hoping to get some garden chores done tomorrow !!
    Take care
    Joy : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are you kidding me with the trough!?!? It's MY ideal! And that first Clematis photo is stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being here! Your comments feed my soul.