Monday, February 1, 2016

This and That

Not a lot is happening in the garden right now. However, yesterday I saw a honeybee on this Hellebore flower. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me. 

Helleborus foetidus

This Euphorbia is fixing to bloom soon.
Euphorbia amygdaloides var. robbiae

Always a happy sight!

Lots of flowers emerging from this Viburnum.

Viburnum bodnantense 'Dawn'

In other news, my friend Carol and I went to Eugene last Friday. Treasures from the Heart antiques store had, among other cool goodies, this fun sedum container.

I've got a few vintage containers I'll be planting up to look like this.


A hike around one of the wetland areas this past Sunday afforded us lots of photo opportunities.


The water was so still, it made a perfect reflection of the sky.

A lone wood duck...

And a gaggle of Canadian Geese floated upon the water's surface.

I love these licorice ferns.


Slowly but surely I'm getting the garden cleaned up. There is a lot more to do. Fortunately I've learned that somehow it all gets done. I hope you're enjoying at least a few glimpses of the outdoors. 

9 comments:

  1. So good to see a post from you. Lovely blooms starting to happen in your gardens and I loved the photos with the reflections and the three geese was cool.

    My gardens need LOTS of work.

    Have a nice week ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were some swell glimpses of the outdoors. The Hellebore photo is fab, even without the honeybee (we'll take your word for it).

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are stunning images, Grace--especially at the wetlands! Wow! It looks like spring in your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved those wetland photos! There's no problem getting out and about here - we've had remarkably little rain despite El Nino.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the sedum container Grace. Food for thought :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pictures from your hike! We're so lucky to live in a climate where moss and licorice ferns grow so nicely. The hellebores are announcing the end of winter in my garden, too. Even though it's only February, I've started planting again. I figure I'll get an early start, at least with hardy woody plants, just in case summer comes early again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's fun to photograph some wild birds, I will have to try again. Wood ducks would be special, Grace! I did a lot of garden clean-up last fall but will have to get out to do grape pruning soon, and lots of others too. It seems like there is always something. But the garden looks so peaceful now without the constantly growing weeds. My Hellebores are getting ready to bloom too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now if it would just stay dry for a few days. My backyard, especially, is a mud pit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I heard you were having an early spring, but February? Amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being here! Your comments feed my soul.