Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Garden Tour Photos

Last weekend was the Albany garden tour. I went with my friend Jamie and her daughter visiting from Vancouver. The weather was perfect, with mostly overcast skies for good photos. 

I've learned over the years that Albany doesn't have very many plant-nerds. So, rather than focus on the disappointment of somewhat average plantings, I pay attention to the garden art, inorganic elements and overall design. 







I'm pretty sure this is Clematis 'Madame Julia Correvon'

This sign made us laugh. 

At least it was partly polite.


This perfectly shaped Japanese Umbrella Pine had us swooning
in this Japanese garden.

I love rocks.


This Magnolia grandiflora was looking quite exquisite.

I'm not an orchid grower but wowzers!

Nice pink clematis






Nice Eryngium

I wanted to ask the owner where he found this tabletop fountain but I forgot.


Definitely a cat person living here.










Aren't these the coolest "underwater" tiles?




If you look closely, you'll see Dictamnus albus purpureus 
blooming within this rosebush. I wish mine would bloom.







I was impressed with these hand-painted veggie markers.


This garden was bordering the Willamette River.

Nice steps leading to a lower level.


This vintage garden cart was really cute.








Is this T-shirt cute or what?

8 comments:

  1. what a smorgie board of yes and no. the best is that fox tshirt. some wonderful rusty iron. awful rock and perfect rock arrangements. but it has all been made with a loving touch. wish i could make individual comments on photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thoroughly enjoyed this garden tour.

    Thanks for sharing dear Grace ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite thing may be that "talk dirt to me" sign but I loved the "underwater" tiles too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not much of a "plant nerd" myself (love 'em all, but grow limited # and don't know all the names, etc.) so I enjoyed the photos of garden art and arrangements you included here. I'm wondering if I've missed our local garden walks or if they just aren't happening like they used to. Hmmmmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some gorgeous gardens! Loved the fused glass flowers in the window boxes, the "Talk Dirt to Me" sign, the shirt and so much more. There's always something to enjoy in gardens created with passion and care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow. Love all the art and whimsy. Its not always easy to pull that off without a garden looking tacky and cluttered. Such lovely treasures. The little fountain for example. Really enjoyed the tour. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is really a very cool property and gardens. You said plant-nerds, well it's the same here but you would never know it with all the great flowers. Love to see a place like that around here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had to chuckle Grace, because even in other people's gardens, you mostly photographed pink flowers! I'm with you, that fountain is to die for. I need it in my life.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being here! Your comments feed my soul.