Tuesday, July 10, 2018

NW Garden Nursery

Last Saturday, with Gail and Barbara I had the pleasure of finally seeing Ernie and Marietta O'Byrne's outstanding garden located about six miles west of Eugene, Oregon. If you're unfamiliar with this talented and endearing gardening couple, you can read more about them and their endeavors here

Fortunately, it wasn't hot but unfortunately, because the sun was out, my photos are less than ideal. I'm sharing them anyway because the garden is just too good not to share with you. 

This is the driveway in. We parked back where those people are. 
We were attending The Garden Conservancy's Open Garden Day along with a bunch of other people so you'll see bodies as well as plants in these photos.  

Of course the beautiful house was surrounded by fabulous plants.

Between the driveway and the house, was this inviting pond.


Here, Barbara is sitting under the umbrella, taking in the surrounding beauty.







A pink Japanese maple so of course I had to get a photo.

A massive, healthy Arisaema!

Geranium phaeum 'Margaret Wilson'






The side of the house






And around to the back.



At the edge of the patio, xeric containers were perfection.





Burgundy Hens & Chicks in the raised rock garden... yummy!

 



 



The office with the first of many rock mosaics that this rock-lover was swooning over!

The area between the two buildings was not wasted.























It wasn't real, but the wasps sunning themselves were.
















Clematis integrifolia 'Alionushka'

Clematis texensis 'Etoile Rose'
Eryngium 'Miss Wilmott's Ghost'

Sisyrinchium 'Quaint and Queer'






I've posted about half the photos that I took that day.
What a special place!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! So beautiful. Thank You for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your climate! That's one beautiful garden. I was very impressed with the stonework too. And I thought the leaves on the Japanese maple were flowers at first - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's impressive! I love the pond...and the Japanese maple...and the pathways...and everything else!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Gracie girl ! ... I wouldn't be able to stop taking pictures of this place either ! .. it is stunning .. I would love to wonder around it as well. So many amazing plants situated in beautiful scenarios .. that Japanese maple was BEAUTIFUL !! .. seeing Miss Wilmott's Ghost was a reminder that I had her once too ! The mosaic stone work was gorgeous.
    It was all just wonderful .. this was a great post , thank you !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a garden! I particularly like the pond and the beach rock mosaic patio, which is a little odd considering neither of those are flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being here! Your comments feed my soul.