Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Plant of the Week: Crocus

The other day I asked my sister if she had any crocus blooming and she replied, "No. I don't like them. They remind me that it's cold." Or more specifically, "No, they just remind me that's it's fricking cold out."

I get that. But what I like about crocus is that they remind me that the worst of the cold is behind us and that spring is coming. And they make the bees happy.

Here are random crocus photos I've taken over the years. 

Yes. That is dandelion foliage.




 
Look who the sunshine woke up!




They're reliable. They come back every year, despite my neglect. 











This one is protecting itself from the rain and waving at you!
 They do have their charm, don't they?

6 comments:

  1. Wow, these are such sweet harbingers of spring. Thanks for sharing ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flowers! They also remind me that winter is almost over. I'm waiting for the rains to stop coming every other day so I can work in my flower beds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them but they don't do well here at all, probably precisely because they want more cold than my climate can provide!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello GRACIE ! Love seein gyour flowers .. we are still LOCKED in the land of ice and snow .. but a girl can dream right ? LOL
    I used to get discouraged with my crocus because our adorable chipmunk family found them delicious .. so I had to let that go for a while.
    But .. our little family moved away and now it seems I can have crocus , so last Fall I did plant some .. now I have to wait till maybe mid April before I might see them peeking out .. I am jealous of you of course ! LOL
    Hope all is well at your end of the continent !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nature speaks of hope and joy. I just love all the pictures you captured throughout the winter season and now it's reminding us Spring is near. Someone well said If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need. Grace eagerly waiting for more shots from your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love gardening. It is an excellent hobby that keeps you occupied. Thanks Gracie for sharing your beautiful gardening skills through this blog. You are doing the best job.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being here! Your comments feed my soul.