Sunday, March 10, 2013

Garden Tour ~~ Part 2

AS PROMISED, I'M GOING TO take you inside the greenhouse at the Deepwood Estate.  

Doesn't this just beckon? 

There was a large display in the center of the greenhouse and
an aisle that went around it with access to the perimeter shelves.  

I love Wire Vine. 

Can you see the pond? 

An amazing Cycad. 

The entire area was pristine--not a crispy leaf anywhere. 

Since I'm not a houseplant person, I can't tell you the names of most of these. 



Gorgeous Cyclamen


Anthiriums were blooming. 

Not an errant speck of dirt to be seen. 

Is this an Orchid? I'm not a huge fan of orange but this is gorgeous. 

I love the mossy rocks. 



Bird of Paradise














A better view of the pond. 


I was tempted to swipe this Epimedium. 


I hope you enjoyed the tour. 

8 comments:

Nadezda said...

Grace, thank you for sharing such interesting tour! I love to visit Conservatory, to see decorative leaves, cyclamens, orchids, pond with fish. Have a nice week!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I most definitely enjoyed the tour. It made me want to get outside into my gardens, but alas, it's not even 5 a.m. yet.

Have a lovely day ~ FlowerLady

Elizabeth ~ eli said...

Beautiful tour and pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Have a great week.

Mindy said...

Gorgeous!!!!!!!!

Donna@Gardens Eye View said...

Grace what a beautiful well laid out clean greenhouse...I would love to spend some time there...thanks for the tour...I could smell the soil and feel the humidity.

Corner Gardener Sue said...

That looks like a nice warm place. I enjoyed the tour.

Anna Maria said...

Beautiful photos Grace! I love greenhouses. My father in law had a small one similar to this one and grew nothing but a variety of orchids in it and they were so exotic. Our botanical gardens has some nice ones I love to visit also.

Cheryl said...

Beautiful!!!!