Sunday, March 10, 2013

Garden Tour ~~ Part 2

AS PROMISED, I'M GOING TO take you inside the greenhouse at the Deepwood Estate.  

Doesn't this just beckon? 

There was a large display in the center of the greenhouse and
an aisle that went around it with access to the perimeter shelves.  

I love Wire Vine. 

Can you see the pond? 

An amazing Cycad. 

The entire area was pristine--not a crispy leaf anywhere. 

Since I'm not a houseplant person, I can't tell you the names of most of these. 



Gorgeous Cyclamen


Anthiriums were blooming. 

Not an errant speck of dirt to be seen. 

Is this an Orchid? I'm not a huge fan of orange but this is gorgeous. 

I love the mossy rocks. 



Bird of Paradise














A better view of the pond. 


I was tempted to swipe this Epimedium. 


I hope you enjoyed the tour. 

8 comments:

  1. Grace, thank you for sharing such interesting tour! I love to visit Conservatory, to see decorative leaves, cyclamens, orchids, pond with fish. Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I most definitely enjoyed the tour. It made me want to get outside into my gardens, but alas, it's not even 5 a.m. yet.

    Have a lovely day ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tour and pictures. Thanks for sharing.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grace what a beautiful well laid out clean greenhouse...I would love to spend some time there...thanks for the tour...I could smell the soil and feel the humidity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a nice warm place. I enjoyed the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos Grace! I love greenhouses. My father in law had a small one similar to this one and grew nothing but a variety of orchids in it and they were so exotic. Our botanical gardens has some nice ones I love to visit also.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being here! Your comments feed my soul.