Saturday, December 10, 2011

Encore Presentation

'Twas one year ago that I crafted a Christmas centerpiece for my dining room table. Keeping with tradition, [the only tradition I've kept so far besides waiting until the last minute to start my shopping] I created another centerpiece this year. Because the weather has been an anathema to inspiration and photo-taking [fog!] I thought I'd post last year's photos in case you're thinking about trying this and you need a wee push to get you motivated. It's really quite simple. 

Like any good recipe, it starts with gathering your ingredients. Most of mine came from the garden. You can vary them based on what's available or what look you're going for, as you'll see below.











Every arrangement is slightly different. The above photo is from last year's rendition. Below is this year's. I purchased noble fir and carnations for a more "professional" look since it was bound for my desk at work. 


And there you have it. If you make/made a Christmas arrangement, I hope you'll post a photo. I'd love to see it.

PS I was recently alerted that Blotanical is going to release a new version in February 2012. I don't have a lot of the details but I just wanted to offer my support to administrator Stuart. If it weren't for Blotanical I wouldn't "know" so many of you my dear garden buddies. If you're a garden blogger and you're not familiar with Blotanical, please click on the link. It's easy to sign up and the rewards are worth it. 

As always,

20 comments:

  1. How lovely Grace. I love the red and white carnations added to the arrangement. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Grace - it's lovely - did you use painter's palette leaves in last year's arrangement? I just got one of these and thought that the leaves would look great in arrangements with all there variations.

    Also really like the container you used for this year's arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Grace! You are so creative. What a great find that basket was!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so smart with these table top arrangements!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grace, I think the one you made looks very professional! That is a lovely idea, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember you made the arrangement last year. They are both very professional looking! It has been really foggy here too although the sun broke out today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty Grace! You're making me miss my time in California again. Back then I bought a few flowers and made pretty Christmas arrangements with dawn redwood branches, pepper tree berries, ivy, and other greenery. But there isn't much (as in nothing!) to be found in my yard for arrangements right now. I could grow more conifers but haven't made room for any. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grace, I love your center piece and I love gardening but not able to in our cement garden...I will just have to enjoy watching...xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! I love the idea of using clippings from around the garden. : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Grace! I would say you could have another job in floral design if you were interested!!
    I'm jealous you could create this with fresh "ingredients" from your garden too. Mine is devoid of ANY color (notice I don't count green, white or brown as colors!!) ~ I need to fix that. A splash of red would be very welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous centerpieces Grace..you make it seems o easy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely! I'm so happy to have found your site!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Grace,
    I love your arrangements! We finally started our Christmas shopping this evening.

    I had to laugh when I read you have dreams like mine. Usually, my garden dreams have to do with seeing other people's plants coming up, and I haven't planted anything yet. In other dreams, we've moved, and I am either trying to figure out where I'm going to have garden beds, or else trying to figure out what plants are coming up that were already there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We always wait to trim the pines until I am ready for my December greens. I like to use holly too.
    Your basket turned out lovely.
    Happy Christmas,
    Sherry, who misses the butterfies

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Grace these are lovely and gosh foam!!! I wish I had realized before that foam was the way to keep these type of arrangements fresh!!!! Traditions no matter what are nice to have.
    Blotanical I am thankful for bringing us together.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh well done Grace! I love gathering outside, even now in the dark winter time. Got the wreaths done, and now you have inspired me about a table arrangement-- You have the best ideas...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh - lovely!!! my friend (grace) makes me a christmas arrangement every year. I'll post a photo soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being here! Your comments feed my soul.