Hi Dear Friends. I hope you're all doing well in your preparations for Christmas, just a few short days away. Can you believe how quickly the time has flown by?
Nadezda of Nadezda's Northern Garden fame presented me and several fellow bloggers with the esteemed Beautiful Blog Award! (Thank you, Nadezda.) Typically I have good intentions when these types of things roll around but let the time slip away before acting on them. This time I'm taking the bull by the horns. Here are 5 things about me that you might not know or maybe don't care to know...
1. I've been married to the same man since 1980. I met him in 1978, when I was 17. We defied the odds and we're still happily married!
2. I was blessed to be a stay-at-home mom while raising our 4 amazing kids. The youngest is now 20 and in college.
3. I returned to full-time work a year ago in September. I love my job and consider myself the luckiest gal in the world.
4. I've written a memoir to be published in 2013. I couldn't be more elated. More details to follow.
5. I'm writing a garden book which will also be published in 2013. I bet you didn't know this, did you? I'll share more details soon.
6. Here's something I hope you do know. I CHERISH each and every one of you, my beloved garden-blogging/Internet friends. Being able to touch base with you, however infrequent it might be, is always the highlight of my days. You're all class-acts and my life is richer with each of you in it. Even though I don't get to your blogs as often as I should, please know that I'm thinking of you.
My wish for the New Year is that scientists will hurry up and invent a (legal) way to function during the day without needing to sleep. I really believe I could stay current with all of you if I didn't need to get that dang 8 hours of shut-eye. Anything's possible, right?
Have a blessed holiday, my sweet friends. May you be warm and filled, surrounded by the laughter of loved ones and filled with hope for the new year. Love, Grace